Marcy Winograd & Bill Rosendahl at Bikeside Speaks!
Marcy Winograd and Bill Rosendahl will cap off a full night of talks at Bikeside Speaks on Saturday! Winograd is a democratic candidate for congress in the 36th district and is going head to head with “the best republican in the democratic party”, Jane Harman, for the nomination on June 8th. Bill Rosendahl is the City Councilman for West LA and the chair of LA’s Transportation Committee. Both pols have endorsed and supported the Cyclists’ Bill of Rights.
In case you were wondering, Bikeside Speaks is a free pizza opportunity, aka an event, where 7 Bikesiders (and affiliates) will talk about 7 projects, for 7 minutes each, with 7 minutes of Q&A. It’s this Saturday, at 5pm, at Bikerowave (12255 Venice Blvd.) Here’s the lineup:
- Mihai Peteu: Winning with Data – Crowdsourcing & LA Bike Map
- Sara Bond: Personalizing Hit & Run
- Jeremy Grant: Connecting LA with the Backbone Bikeway Network
- Enci Box: Moving LA with The Greensters
- Stephen Box: Changing the world with Cyclists’ Rights
- Ron Durgin: Every street is a People Street – Sustainable Streets
- and a special presentation on Bikerowave, and it’s incredible progress as a bike co-op.
And of course Marcy & Bill. See you there!