LABP: David takes on the Bike Plan Challenge (15/100)
David Pura took my challenge to write the introduction to LA’s Best Bike Plan, the bike plan written for cyclists, by cyclists:
- Bicyclists can, and will, ride on every city street; California law allows as much.
- Bicyclists, pedestrians, social vehicles and private vehicles will equally share the privileges and responsibilities of the public realm; these will be the ingredients of tomorrow’s healthy, lively Los Angeles.
- Bicyclists, as citizens, will work with neighborhood and city governments to implement backbone lanes, ciclovias and other elements of civitas; bicycle life is a big source of a vibrant urban life.
- Bicyclists, as citizens, are going to push and pull this government to see some direct goals accomplished, in two years.
- Bicyclists will open the doors to a transparent government; open data will lead to direct goals.
- Bicyclists will live in a city of educated, aware citizens. Drivers will know; police will know; youth will know. The global cycling movement is in its infancy but growing.
- Bicyclists will see that this gets done right, from EIRs to engineering.
- Bicyclists will do it better. And have fun doing it.
Great introduction David! Who will take the challenge next?
We challenge anyone and everyone to write an introduction to LA’s Best Bike Plan, which begins with the sentence “Every street is a street that cyclists will ride.” 500 words or less! Submit your composition to firstname.lastname@example.org. I’ll post the submissions in batches as I receive them . . .